6.23.2017

Empties: May 2017





Keeping with the current trend, I'm skipping all other posts for the moment, but keeping up to date with my empties. As I did both take pictures for, write and post the April empties a bit later than I would have liked, the May empties have a bit fewer products than my empties usually does. However, there's still some good stuff, including makeup, that I am excited to be finished with.


Soap and Glory Clean on Me 500ml
A long-time favourite, I return to this time and time again. Great price, great product.

Hugo Boss Nuit Pour Femme Body Lotion 50ml
This was a gift with purchase. As a body lotion it's mediocre, but the scent is ok. If you love the scent, this could be nice to use in combination with it. However, if you really need your body lotion to provide some moisture and nutrition - I'd skip it, as it basically does nothing.

Cosmica Protecting Body Cream 200ml
This is a Norwegian product, so it's not available online. It's quite heavy, but worked really well for my drier legs. If you have drier skin, this is very nice.



La Roche-Posay Serozinc 150ml
I go through one of these almost every month. I use it every morning, and will keep using it for as long as they make it. It calms, soothes and balances the skin. It's wonderful.

Ole Henriksen Firm Action Mask 50g
This is one of the best clay masks I've used. It really does purify the skin, but without leaving it dried out and uncomfortable. I do of course apply a heavier oil or moisturizer after using it, because my skin is in heavy need of moisture after washing it off, but in a different way to some harsher clay masks. Most of all it keeps my skin clear, it helps balance and matte my skin down for a few days after use. It also really does have a tightening effect on the skin. I've already re-purchased and opened a new one.

Ole Henriksen Herbal Day Creme SPF 20 50ml
This was a nice day cream. It made my skin a bit oily in the t-zone in the afternoon, but besides that, I have no complaints. It hydrated well, was comfortable to wear and didn't irritate my skin or clog pores. It didn't, however, provide enough sunscreen protection. I tried not adding my usual daily SPF 50 on top for a week, and noticed a negative difference in my skin. This is a decent day cream, nothing special, but don't let the SPF fool you into skipping your sunscreen - you can't.

Filorga Perfect+ Perfect Skin Serum 30ml
This was really good. I felt it did help with texture, pores and keeping skin clear and balanced. It was also super light, absorbed quickly and didn't interfere with any moisturizer I used on top.



Yankee Candle Vanilla Lime 623g
This candle smells incredible! The lime and mint is heavenly fresh and sweet all at the sime time, while the vanilla brings a calm and soothing effect. One of my favourite candles ever, and one I will definitely re-purchase!

The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 250ml
This was, honestly, not very good. It removed makeup ok, but it never got everything off. It wasn't even gentle on the eyes, as it irritated and burned a bit if I used a really soaked pad where some of it ended up in my eye. That doesn't happen when I use Bioderma, which I also find to be more efficient at removing mascara, so I will definitely be sticking with Bioderma.

The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion 250ml
This was ok. It's not that heavy, meaning it absorbs quicker. It also doesn't do too much in terms of hydration, so in the end I've found my regular body lotion is better to use on my feet than this. There are very good foot creams out there, but this wasn't that good at it's job.



Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum 1.5ml
This seemed nice. There was only enough in the sachet for one time use, so I can't say I got to make up much of an opinion, but it seemed nice. It didn't clog pores or irritate my skin, that I can say for sure.

Aesop Purifying Facial Cream Cleanser 1.5ml
This is an old favourite. I''ve gone through countless tubes in the past, and using this sample reminded me of how much I love it. It also made me want to buy it again, which I probably will. It's a great gentle cleanser, perfect for a quick morning rinse-off, and it smells incredible.

Byredo Palermo Eau de Parfum
One of my favourite perfumes! I've been holding on to this sample for ages, but decided to use it up when on holiday in Cannes in May. Palermo has been discontinued, to my understanding, but I managed to find the 100ml in Cannes, so I'm set for a while! It has notes of citruses, petitgrain, bergamot, ambrette, musk and roses.



Tom Ford Eye Primer Duo 7ml (primer) + 2.2g (powder)
I love this primer, and as you can see in my full reciew, it really helps keep eye makeup lasting for ages. I've basically used it up, but what little is left unfortunately dried out. I'm good on the eye primer front for a while, but this is definitely a product I wouldn't mind getting again.

Tom Ford Lipstick in 13 Blush Nude
Another Tom Ford product, though this one, unfortunately, is being downsized. It's one of my newer Tom Ford lipsticks, but it has gone off completely. It smells absolutely horrid, and the lipstick has melted and gotten quite disgusting in the tube. I've kept fooling myself that I would still use it, but I never reach for it. Considering how expensive it is, keeping it around only reminds me of how annoyed I am at how quickly it turned, so as I know I'll never use it anyway it's best I just get rid of it. I don't think I'll buy more Tom Ford lipsticks, they go off way too quickly. The only way would be if I knew I'd use it daily, because the quality are top-notch when they are new, but besides that, I'll be steering clear.

Dior Lip Glow
Now for an actual favourite, that I've used up completely! This is a really good lip balm, but it also gives your lips the most amazing natural pink tint. I absolutely love it and have used it to death - I'll definitely re-purchase!

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil in 02 Raspberry 7ml
I love all of Clarins tinted lip balms, the Lip Comfort Oil included. I've been through the 'Honey' one already, and now finished this one. I've already moved on to the red one - I love all the different colours and "flavours". These give a barely-there tint and hydrates the lips really well, they are especially good in the winter months.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Crayon in 'In The Buff' 0.5g
This was a beautiful nude shiny colour, that did a nice job of brightening up the eye, without looking too obvious. Unfortunately it's completely dried out and flaky, so I'm getting rid of what's left.


  MAY TOTAL:
Normal:8
Deluxe Sample:1
Sample:3
Makeup Item:5
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 0
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish:0
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size:1

2017 TOTAL:
Normal:67
Deluxe Sample:10
Sample: 14
Makeup Item:49
Deluxe Sample/Mini Size Makeup Item: 4
Sample Makeup Item: 0
Nail polish:5
Mini nail polish: 0
Jumbo Size:4

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig